Sunday, August 28, 2022

A new cookie


Today's post announces the arrival of a new cookie:  vanilla macarons.  This item has been added as a result of a special request by Elisa.  

This is the first of what will eventually be many different flavors of macarons.  I really love these cookies, and I think just about everybody else in the world does, too.  This a simple macaron with almond and vanilla in the filling.  It stays chilled until ready to eat.  An interesting fact about this particular macaron -- the cookie shells are chilled for a day before being filled.  It allows the shells to rest and age just the right amount of time before the filling is added.  After that, though, they can be eaten whenever the craving strikes.

This coming weekend we have blueberry snack cake slices and onion cauliflower soup ready to be ordered.

For next weekend, you can already order ahead:  chocolate mousse brownies and triple chocolate sablès.  This means lots of chocolate for your enjoyment.  And mine, too.

Today it's raining here in Kansas City.  I had some plans to do some things in the yard, but those are put on hold until tomorrow.  But that's ok.  That gives me more time for some inside things including some food making.

Today I will be making a berry fool, perhaps some pancakes since I'm experimenting with a new recipe, and maybe one or two other things as well.   I haven't yet mapped out my whole day.

I have a watermelon to eat courtesy of my kids who brought it from the farmers' market yesterday.  What better food to have on a summer day, even if it's raining.  Watermelon is so simple and so delicious.

Enjoy your day.  And enjoy some good food, as well.

2 comments: