Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Spice cake

 


A new item has been added to the menu:  autumn spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

This is a traditional fall dessert -- a soft tender moist cake with lots of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves .... you get the idea.  And it's topped with a delightful cream cheese frosting.

I love cakes like this.  They are perfect for late-night sweet-tooth cravings.  They are great after any meal.  Can they be a lunch all by themselves?  Well, I like to think so, and sometimes I actually turn that thought into action.  I know I shouldn't.  But sometimes a slice of cake with a creamy frosting takes precedence over a nutritious sandwich.   

I mean, really, can you ever turn down a yummy slice of cake?  Maybe for ice cream.  Or better yet, combine the two.  

In any event, I hope you will give this a try soon.  I promise I will put it on the weekly menu before we get too far into the upcoming autumn season.


No comments:

Post a Comment