Sunday, August 7, 2022

New item and weekend menu update


 

Hello, hello, hello!

This upcoming weekend we have speculoos and cookie dip on the menu.  For the following weekend, we're going with cold foods:  deviled eggs, and something new -- coleslaw.

This coleslaw is nothing extraordinary.  Nothing fancy about it.  No amazing or unusual ingredients.  No special techniques that make is something different than expected.  It is just a plain simple delicious refreshing coleslaw.

Sometimes there's nothing better than a nice cold salad.  So as we begin to the see the end of summer approaching, I thought it would be good to go with cold foods for those warm evenings which will linger for a while before autumn is felt.

I have more foods to update to the menu.  I'm taking my time with the updates, not being in a hurry, but you will see them hitting the menu one by one over the next short while.   

I love putting new foods on the menu.  It's always a fun moment to announce that something has been added.  And it's always nice to see the completion of items on my list of things that I want to add in the future.  

I always have a list going.  Sometimes I just think of something and feel inspired and so it's added to the list.  Sometimes I see a food video online and that gets me thinking about that item or something related to it, and so it goes on the list as well.  Of course, the process of getting it from the list to the menu takes time.  I have to tinker with it, sometimes develop it from scratch.  I have to test it.  I have to do multiple productions.  I have to add the final recipe with all the important tweaks and technical aspects to my database.  But it's very satisfying in the end when the picture is up and people can order.    

Today I'm working on the final draft of a finished recipe for a new snack cake.  And I have more to do after that.  No shortage of tasks.

Have a great Sunday.  And thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Jelly. Coleslaw is a struggle of mine. I've never made one I'm happy with, always too tough or watery or tasting only of mayonnaise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you stop by I can make you some this and see if you like it.

      Delete