Sunday, August 21, 2022

A new brownie and a new soup


We have a new brownie on the menu.  This is a double chocolate brownie with dark chocolate ganache.  That means a lot, a lot, a lot .... of chocolate.  I said it just that way so that no one would wonder if I really meant it.   Yes, I meant it.  

I love making different kinds of brownies.  Each of the brownies on the menu is unique.  They are different in how they are made, how much of different kinds of chocolate are in them, and so on.  It is quite enjoyable to make all these varieties and especially to eat them, too.  

This coming weekend we have gougères and triple chocolate chunk cookies on the weekly offering.  And the following weekend I have selected a new item, onion cauliflower soup, and also blueberry cinnamon snack cake.

The onion cauliflower soup is healthy and savory.  It's a great new item to have just in time for chilly fall weather that will soon be coming.  But on a warm day, it's still a great soup.  

Cauliflower is one of those things most people seem to dislike at least a little bit.  So I'm glad to have made something from it that everyone who tries it seems to enjoy.  It's really quite a simple soup.  The onion and cauliflower flavors pair beautifully.  And it only includes a small amount of cream.  This means that the cream can easily be omitted and the result is still delicious.  And without the cream, this soup is vegan.  It's offered both ways on the ordering site.  I have a daughter who is vegan (I'm sure she will be reading this.), so I'm happy to have something new on the menu that she and other vegan eaters (people who eat in a vegan way, not people who eat vegans - lol) might enjoy having.  

Today I've got ciabatta sandwich rolls in process.  They are actually in their 3rd rise as I write this, yes, 3rd rise.  And I'm doing some tweaks to a new salad, a mustard slaw with parmesan.  Other new foods are coming as well.  I'm doing another run in development of a high-protein gluten-free "ice cream" this week.  And playing around with pancakes.  Also prepping a berry fool for addition to the menu soon.  And the ciabatta rolls today are the 3rd bread of three choices for sandwiches which will soon be on the menu.  And I'm doing a lot of creative thinking about a new strawberry cream cake.  More things are in my head as well.  But that gives you an idea of some of the things coming up.

And while I'm doing all that, I'm also playing Beethoven and Chopin and Rachmaninov on the piano all week long, playing lots of chess online with people all over the world, and watching lots of movies.  My piano students are back to coming every week now that the July break is over.  And soon the Christmas countdown will begin.  September 16th means 100 days until Christmas.

Enjoy the ebbing summer.  And thanks for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy vegan options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be working on more in the future as well.

      Delete