Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A good brownie is worth it's weight in gold.


Happy Tuesday, all!

A new item has just been added to the menu: chocolate mousse brownies.

This is a dense chocolate fudge brownie with a layer of light mousse frosted on top.  I have to admit that when I make these, I really have to work hard not to eat them all in one day.  These are kept chilled and can be eaten straight from the fridge or warmed up a bit closer to room temperature.  I always eat them straight from the fridge.  Trust me, it's the way to go.

I love making brownies.   Brownie batter is delicious by itself or swirled into ice cream.  Fresh brownies are amazing.  Brownies that have aged for a day are spectacular.

It's impossible to go wrong with a brownie if it's made well.

There are three basic ways to get a good brownie: 1, using only chocolate; 2, using only cocoa powder; 3, using a blend of both.

A lot of people really love brownies made with only chocolate.  But for me, that just doesn't work.  And a brownie with only cocoa powder doesn't work for me either.  I prefer to have a blend of cocoa powder and chocolate.  And when I look at recipes for brownies, I also look at the ratio of cocoa powder to flour.  Frequently, I will adjust that ratio, often adjusting it to a 50/50 split.  I find that balance combined with the right amount of actual chocolate is just incredible.  

As a result when I see a new brownie or when I'm inspired to create something new, I tinker with the ratio of chocolate and cocoa powder and flour multiple times to get it just right.  And then I document it so it is not lost.  

A good brownie is worth it's weight in gold.

More foods to come.  Keep watching and reading here.  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment