Sunday, August 13, 2023

Brownies, creams, cookies


It has been an enormously rainy day here in Kansas City.  A perfect day to stay inside and cook and eat and watch movies.

This coming weekend we have brownies and a raspberry cream both available for ordering.  And the following weekend, we have two different cookies ready to be ordered.

As you can see, I am in a cookie mood.  Cookies are always nice to have around.  And many cookie doughs chill or freeze easily so that a lot can be made and put aside for cooking later.  You can't do that with a cake batter or a pasta dish, but cookie doughs handle that chilling and freezing just fine.

I wish brownie batter could be frozen and cooked later, but I have never dared to try that.  Does anyone know if that is workable?  Perhaps I'll give it a whirl sometime.  I've never even bothered to look it up online to see what others think because I've simply assumed that it wouldn't work well.  But I'm sure sometime I will do that.  Why don't I do that right now?  Well, I'm about ready to make some cookie dough so that my wife can take cookies in to pass out to her colleagues tomorrow.  So looking up that info will have to wait.  The mixer is calling my name.

This week I will make a variety of cookies, so those of you who order may get a few extra things in your bags to try.   

Eat well, stay dry, and enjoy the cooling days that seem to here (at least for part of this week). 

No comments:

Post a Comment