Sunday, July 16, 2023

July is half over

 


July is about half over now.  And while we have had a bit of summer heat on a few days, it hasn't really been too bad.  Typically I don't like to make a lot of foods that require the oven during the hot afternoons of summer, but so far this year, the heat has not been enough to dissuade me.  So it has been a productive month so far in in terms of tweaking old recipes and working on new ones.

This coming weekend we have roulades with raspberries on the menu, a perfect warm weather food.  And we also have a soft brittle with 3 different nuts.  I'm a sucker for hazelnuts in particular, but I especially love the combination of three different nuts in this brittle.  And I love that this is a soft brittle, meaning that it breaks easy on the tooth rather than the tooth breaking easily on the brittle.  

Next weekend we have a new item appearing for the first time on the weekly menu: chocolate fudge sandwich cakes.  Also, we are doing another round of berry fools, offered for the second time this summer.  I had multiple requests to put them back on the menu again during the heat of summer, so here they are.

In the next day or two I'll be posting of another new item being added to the menu, so stay tuned, keep reading, and feel free to leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment