Sunday, May 28, 2023

Kisses and berries

 


This coming weekend you can order creamy egg salad and berry fools.

And for the following weekend we have whipped balsamic vinaigrette dip and raspberry meringue kisses.

I love berries.  Anything with berries is good, don't you think?  The berry fools make a perfect delicate dessert that is lightly sweet and are just right for warm summer days.  And the raspberry meringue kisses are a wonderful little snack.  

I am preparing to experiment with a few other meringue kisses as well, strawberry and blueberry.  If I can get the flavor balance right, you'll see those on the menu in the future.

As I prepare my supply run for these upcoming weekends, I will be getting lots of extra berries beyond what I need for orders.  I love having lots of berries around in the fridge, sometimes just by themselves in a bowl, sometimes in a lightly sweet compote, sometimes pureed and mixed into other things.  

The same can be said for melons.  And berries and melons chopped up into a mixture that is already portioned to the right size for an afternoon snack or a light breakfast are absolutely great.  We eat a lot of processed foods in this world, so it's good to take advantage of what nature gives us that needs nothing added, and berries and melons and other fruit are at the top of that list.

Eat some great food today and be sure to get out and enjoy that last bit of spring before the summer heat arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment