Saturday, June 3, 2023

Delayed orders and National Egg Day

 


Well, I'm sorry to say, but all orders this weekend and next weekend have been pushed back one week.  Nothing terrible happened.  I just wound up having to reschedule some things in my normal weekly routine and that resulted in the push-back.  But next week things will be back to normal.

Today is National Egg Day.  Eggs are amazing.  Try reading the book Egg:  A Culinary Exploration of the World's Most Versatile Ingredient by Michael Ruhlman.  This writer has done several books exploring topics in the food world, and I highly recommend them.  Eggs are indeed incredibly versatile, and I use lots of them throughout a normal cooking week.  And I love them by themselves.  They are a great comfort food in all their forms.  And comfort foods are the best, especially when it comes to breakfast.

Recently, my wife and I took a short trip, and we stayed at a bed and breakfast.  It was a nice inn, very comfortable and very charming, but I was surprised by the breakfast part of "bed and breakfast".  It was nice, but it was very small, and there were no choices.  Food is a great element in life that brings people together and creates connections.  And one would think it would be an important part of a "bed and breakfast".  I continually go through ideas in my mind of a food establishment, a cafe, bistro, bed and breakfast, lots of different forms these ideas take.  And in every one of them, there is lots of food and lots of choices.  That's the way it should be, I think.  People remember the food.  People think about the food.  And it can draw us back to a place again and again.  It becomes a force in our memories.

Have a great day, and try to stay cool as the summer begins to heat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment