Thursday, June 29, 2023

Tweaks and tortes


 

It's a hot day here in Kansas City and it's going to get hotter as the day progresses.  I am staying inside and doing odds and ends around the house and also working on recording recipe tweaks that I've notated over the past while for rolls and breads (such as the pain au lait dough balls in the photo above).  

I love the process of tweaking recipes.  Every time I cook something, I'm liable to have some tiny insight that comes to mind or I identify some small detail in the process that I want to adjust.  I make a note on my recipe sheet, and let them pile up for a while, usually, and finally record them all at once.  I suppose it's a way of constantly making progress, of thinking that nothing is ever quite perfect yet.  Of course, does everything need to be perfect?  I think not.

I'm also reviewing cake and torte recipes.  Tomorrow morning, I will make a chocolate hazelnut torte for a special food event.  It's something new I'm making so I hope it works out well.

This entire coming month of July, I'm hoping to take a lot of free time and put it into updating old foods and also working on new foods to be added to the menu.

Eat some good food and enjoy the day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment