Monday, June 26, 2023

Gougeres and visiting cakes


Hello, all!

This coming weekend I'm taking time off to enjoy some things with family.  But next weekend we have Swedish visiting cakes and gougeres on the menu.

I'm getting ready to start a month-long break from teaching in July.  And that means I hopefully will be doing a lot of cooking.  I've got a list of several things I want to work on, some will be new, some will be decidedly experimental, and some will be tweaks of older things.

I'm hoping the summer heat won't be too bad.  We all know how much hot stovetops and ovens contribute to in-house heat during summer months.

It will be a good time to work on breads since the temps will be very conducive to great yeast action.

And I will definitely be making some ice creams.  We can't have summer heat without ice creams.

That's all for now.  Have a great day everyone and stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment