Sunday, May 7, 2023

Weekend orders


 

Good morning, everyone!

All weekend orders have been pushed back one week.  You will see the new dates on the website.

On this day in 1947, Kraft Television Theatre premiered on NBC.  This was an anthology series that ran on the network from 1947 to 1958 and which Kraft used to promote one of its cheeses.  Later they introduced another series, this time on ABC, and also called Kraft Television Theatre and which promoted its new Cheese Whiz product.

I ran across this little tidbit of information while casually surfing the net while I was also putting a couple Kraft products in my grocery delivery shopping basket.  So I couldn't resist adding it here as well.

Advertising drove the television world from Day 1, I suppose.  And I think back to many of the food commercials I have seen over the years and how often those products ended up in the kitchen and on the table.  

Is this important?  Not really.  But it's fun remembering the catchy jingles and the feelings I had as a kid when I would see breakfast cereals advertised during Saturday morning cartoons and fast food and candy bars advertised during Saturday's Major League Baseball Game of the Week.

OK.  It's time to think about a few Kraft cheeses to add the finishing touches on my grocery delivery order.

Have a great Sunday and spend some time enjoying some good food.


No comments:

Post a Comment