Monday, May 15, 2023

Pancakes and breakfast meals


 

This coming weekend the weekly menu has our first offering ever of pancakes.  Plus a cookie.  Normally I'd say the cookie is the important part.  Everyone knows I love cookies.  But pancakes are right up there as well.  

I think breakfast foods are often the best foods.  I can eat them in the morning or at lunch or at dinner.  In fact, I think a meal of breakfast foods to end the day is an amazing comfort-food meal and puts a nice touch to the end of the day.  Pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, hash browns, they are all great for any meal.

When I have pancakes, I think having 100% real maple syrup is worth the expense.  Some people love to have whipped cream and berries on top, but I just want butter and syrup.  That's it.  No fancy variations.

I use pancake rings to cook these pancakes and make them all a uniform size and shape (well, at least mostly uniform).  I spent some time trying to find just the right pancake rings, and then more time tweaking the skillet cooking with them afterwards.  Is it possible to have perfectly uniform pancakes in a home kitchen?  I think not.  But those little differences are just fine.

OK.  It's 500 AM here, and so my writing is a little bit "rambling", but that's fine.  I'm up early today and my mind is already working on many things.  I have a busy day ahead, but I will be thinking of the fun I will have making pancakes this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment