Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday mornings


 

Happy Sunday morning to all.  I love Sunday mornings.  Mine are usually leisurely, peaceful, and full of good food and relaxation time.  Sunday morning breakfasts might be anything from pancakes and eggs, to leftovers from the night before, to finishing up anything left from weekend orders.  Today I'm actually eating nothing because I had extra helpings of my wife's chicken biryani last night.  Later I will plan out my cooking for the week. But for now, I'm remembering the biryani.

This coming weekend we have milk chocolate snack cakes and roasted pecans available for order.  For the next weekend we have raspberry meringue kisses and brown sugar fudge brownies.  Order as much as you wish.  If the planned availability is exhausted, I might even add more!

As I was thinking about what to put on the upcoming menus this morning, I was thinking about sweetness.  I was remembering last fall as I had a late season fresh cantaloupe given to me.  It was very sweet, very flavorful.  That same day I was making macarons as well.  And I remember that evening having a couple macarons and then right after that I had more chunks of cantaloupe.  But the cantaloupe no longer tasted sweet as it had in the morning.  Later on after a couple hours had elapsed, I had more cantaloupe and it was sweet again. The macarons were so exceedingly sweet (as all macarons are) that when I followed them up immediately with cantaloupe, the fruit's sweetness was no longer detectable in the same way.  I always find these sorts of relativistic comparisons to be profoundly interesting.

That sort of thing should make me sit and think very carefully about what I pair up in the weekly menu offerings.  Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.  Honestly, most often, I simply pair up items that I'm interested in making that weekend or things that people have requested.

I'll post again in a few days with a couple new items that are being added to the menu.  In the meantime, have a great spring week.

No comments:

Post a Comment