Sunday, April 16, 2023

A chilly spring day


After having a number of warm days, it seems cruel for nature to give us such a cold weekend as we have right now.  But that's OK.  It just gives us an excuse to make some good warm food.  I'm thinking warm fresh-from-the-oven cakes, hot chocolate, savory soups and stews, etc.

This coming weekend I'm taking time off so there nothing on the weekly menu to order.  But the following weekend you can order raspberry meringue kisses and warm ginger spice cookies.   

Today is National Eggs Benedict Day.  I'm not sure why we have a day that is recognized in honor of this food.  Some people say that many holidays are made up because the greeting card companies in years past wanted more reasons for people to buy more cards.  But I don't think it's reasonable to assume something similar with respect to food days.  I certainly didn't know of this day before I bumped into the information accidentally, and I don't know of anyone else who knows it is National Eggs Benedict Day.  That manes that if this is a marketing ploy, it's not a very good one.  Perhaps someone should come up with a food calendar and make every day of the year a distinct day honoring one specific food.  And then maybe we do something interesting marketing off that.

You think?

Hmmm.

OK.  That's all for now.  I'll be back later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment