Sunday, April 23, 2023

Spring and summer and good foods


 

It is a little chilly here in Kansas City this morning, but the sun is shining and it feels good to be out in it.  Spring is definitely here and summer will soon show it's first hints.  But for now it appears our spring will remain mild and pleasant.  Perfect for outdoor bonfires and good food.  And I'm planning just such an event very soon.

This coming weekend we have raspberry meringue kisses and ginger spice cookies ready for ordering.  Next weekend, you can order oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies.  

Today is National English Muffin Day!  Once again, as I've written before, I have no idea how certain days become designated to honor something like this.  However, most of us love English muffins and so why not have a day to honor them.

I have been thinking of putting English muffins on the menu for quite some time, and seeing that today is the day that it is, I'm going to officially put them on my list of items to prep for addition to the menu.

The first time I made English muffins, I had no idea what to expect.  But they really aren't at all hard to make.  And they don't take long.  And when they are fresh off the skillet, they are amazing!

Later this week, I will post of another new addition to the menu.  I have a list of several items that I want to add and with summer coming up, which includes my traditional yearly break from teaching for the entire month of July, I'm hoping to trim down that list quite a bit.  Of course, I'm always adding new foods to it.  Perhaps it will never be an empty list.  I hope not.....

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment