Friday, February 24, 2023

Ice cream is on my mind


 

Happy Friday to all!

Here tonight we have a slight freezing drizzle.  As I sit here at the computer doing this post tonight, my wife is making ground beef with onions and peas.  She calls it beef keema matar.  Look it up and you'll see exactly what it is.  Tomorrow my brother and I will be eating it while playing baseball simulations.  We'll have some naan with it and follow it up with chocolate ice cream.

Ice cream has been on my mind.  As any of my readers know, ice cream holds a particularly strong spot in the heart of my appetite.  I've been thinking about making chocolate chocolate chip ice cream.  That's right -- chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips in it, slivers of chips really.  I've been wanting to add a very rich chocolate ice cream for a while and I was thinking that I should double down on the chocolate with the extra chips (slivers) as well.

There are other flavors I have wanted to add for a while, too, and I am going to make a concerted effort to do that as we approach summer.

One of my favorite things to eat as a quick sweet snack is ice cream sandwiches and so I have been tinkering with a good chocolate cake/cookie layer for this purpose.  I could fill it either with my French vanilla or this chocolate ice cream.

Whenever I eat ice cream sandwiches that I get from the store, I always let them sit out for a bit and soften up.  Does anyone else do that?  I always prefer that to hard sandwiches straight from the freezer.  Sometimes I will set one (or two or three) out on the counter and then I leave them longer than I planned to (alright, I forget about them and then suddenly remember 20 minutes later - LOL).  Then they are REALLY soft.  They ooze out everywhere when I bite into them.  They're still good.  But the best is when they are in between that freezer-hard quality and the oozing-melted quality.

I could probably opine on this topic for quite a while.  But I won't.  Instead I will close this post and spend some time updating my recipe database and thinking about making ice creams soon.

Enjoy your evening and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment