Saturday, September 17, 2022

Strawberry lemonade


Strawberry lemonade has been added to the menu.  This is a lightly fizzy lemonade made with fresh strawberries that are puréed very fine and added directly without any straining.  The lemonade itself goes through a heating process with the lemon juice and lemon zest and sugar that gives a very nice lemon flavor that blends perfectly with the berry flavor. 

I love fresh fruit drinks such as this.  Very few things are quite as refreshing as a fresh fruit drink.  

I'm playing around with an orange vanilla beverage as well.  It's almost to the point where I am happy with it.  It's quite good, certainly.  But I'm not quite ready to add it to the menu yet.  It's needs a little more adjustment, in my opinion.

Is that too perfectionistic?  I think not.  I simply like to wait and make sure that I'm really happy something when it's added so that it will be as enjoyable as possible for everyone to try.  So I tweak and tweak and tweak until I simply feel like it's done, it's ready.  And then I add it to the menu.

I've been making several smoothies off and on for some time and I'm thinking about adding one or two of those as well in the future.  So stay tuned if you like beverages.  More are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment