Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Pancakes


 

It's the last day of January and it's cold, although not snowy as the picture above shows since that was taken last week.  The cold puts me in the mood for hot pancakes today.

I made multiple batches of pancakes over the last few weeks.  I'm currently doing final tweaks on a pancake that will be made and then frozen and offered to everyone on the website so that that it can be taken home and stored until wanted, then warmed in the microwave.  

I don't usually do things like that, meaning making food that is to be warmed up in the microwave, but this pancake is especially good in that way.

Another thing I like about this pancake is that it has a nice even color across it's surface, a result achieved by NOT frying it in oil or butter in the skillet.  Instead, I simply cook it in a dry non-stick pan and it comes out with it's beautiful color.

I don't have any pictures yet to show, but they will come when I finish the final tweak.  And then they will be added to the menu.

Syrup?  For me, I prefer to use real maple syrup, or a berry-based syrup such as blueberry or boysenberry or raspberry.  Imitation maple?  I'd rather stick with the real stuff even though it is a bit more expensive.  To me, it's worth it.

That's all for today.  This is one final post for January.  See you all in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment