Monday, January 23, 2023

The coming two weekends


 

Good morning.  My usual Sunday post is a morning late, but here it is.  

This coming weekend we have spritz cookies and French butter cookies ready to order.

The following weekend's menu has just now been updated with cookie dip and buttermilk scones.

We have snow forecast this week here in Kansas City, at least a few chances coming up.  And that means it's a good time for winter foods.  So this week, I will be making lots of hot chocolate, warm savory pies, and pancakes hot off the griddle, among other things.  My wife has been making excellent spicy dishes from lentils and also lots of kebabs and pakoras.

When the kitchen is busy with activity, I love the aromas that float through the house.  I step out to the get the mail and when I re-enter, I am bathed in these warm aromas.  I to go out to fill the birdfeeders and when I come back in from the cold, the aromas welcome me back into the house.

Food is one of the great luxuries of life.  

That's all for now.  Have a great day.  I will be back in a couple days with more to write about and perhaps a recipe to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment