Sunday, April 3, 2022

This week ...


Good morning!  I made a lot of cookies and pudding this weekend.  And that means I taste-tested a lot of cookies and pudding this weekend.  One of the perks of making all this food is I always have yummy things to eat in bits and pieces.

This coming weekend we have a savory pie with lots of great flavor.  It's a real filler-upper for when you're hungry for something satisfying.  And we also have speculoos, a wonderful crispy thin spiced cookie that is excellent by itself, dipped in milk, or crumbled over vanilla ice cream.

Next weekend, there will be no menu offering, but I will return with more food the week after that.

As I write this, my cooking for weekend orders has been completed and I've eaten too many sweets.  I'm going to sit down and have one of my favorite snacks:  a bowl of corn flakes with cold milk.  I don't just grab any corn flakes.  It's always the same brand which is NOT Kellogg's or Post or any of the other major commercial brands.  It's a less expensive brand that tastes so much better than the major brands and which holds up in the milk without getting soggy as fast as the major brands.  

There's something I really like about the simplicity of a bowl of corn flakes.  I use the word simplicity which I suppose is not truly the case since this is a highly processed food product.  But the simplicity is the idea of just the cereal flake and the milk.  I find it so delicious and refreshing.  I'm a milk lover, which is part of it, I suppose.  Whatever else makes me enjoy it so much can't be expressed because I don't know what it is.  But I love this for a snack, and it always makes me feel satisfied after I've eaten too many sweets.

Why am I writing about this?  I don't really know, LOL, except that it's on my mind as I get ready to eat a bit more healthfully for the rest of the day.

Well, whether you eat something that has simplicity or complexity, please enjoy and eat lots of it, whatever it is.  Good-tasting food is one of the most enjoyable of life's luxuries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment