Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A brownie recipe


Today I thought I would post my recipe for brown sugar fudge brownies.  I love making this brownie.  It's uncomplicated.  It's super good.  And it's super-forgiving by which I mean that it doesn't take an incredible amount of precision to make this brownie come out right.  Here are the ingredients:


This recipe makes 9 brownies using the particular baking molds I like to use for these:  Katgely 4.25- inch extra thick baking molds.  However, they can easily be made in a variety of cups, molds, pans, etc.  Just tweak the cooking time a little to adjust for the different sizes.

Preheat your oven to 325 F.  Yes, that's correct:  only 325. 

Set out your baking molds on a cookie sheet.  

1.  Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and into it you will place the cocoa powder, the flour, and the salt.  Whisk it all together and set it aside.  The cocoa powder should be a very high quality powder.  I use Cacao Barry Extra Brute cocoa powder.  It's worth it to ensure that you have this cocoa powder on hand for many of your chocolate baking needs.  It's excellent!  As for salt, I prefer using kosher.  And the flour is simply all-purpose flour.

2.  Melt the butter.  Doesn't matter if you melt it on the stove in pan, or on the stove in a metal measuring cup (yes, that's a neat little thing to do), or in a container in the microwave.  European style butter is best, if you can get it.

3.  In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the melted butter, the sugar, and the brown sugar on medium speed until thoroughly combined.  Make sure it's light brown sugar, not dark.

4.  Add the eggs to the sugar mixture and whisk on low speed until thoroughly combined. (Make sure these are large eggs, no medium and not extra-large.)

5.  Add the dry ingredients from Step 1 and whisk on low speed until combined.

6.  Add the mini chocolate chips and whisk on low speed until combined.

7.  Place 2 large cookie scoops of batter in each baking mold.  I keep a variety of cookie scoops in various sizes in my kitchen.  This particular scoop holds between 3/8 and 1/4 cup in volume.  So that will give you an idea of how much batter to use.

8.  Gently spread the batter around the baking mold with the back of a spoon.

9.  Bake for 28 minutes.  When they come out, let them cool to room temperature.

These are so easy to make.  And they are so good.  I wrap these in plastic wrap after they are cooled, and on Day 2, they are just as good as on Day 1.  That's another reason to love these great chocolatey fudgy brownies.

You'll notice in the ingredients list, I also mention using Valrhona chocolate pearls.  Mini chocolate chips are great, but I love using the pearls when I have them in my pantry, which is most of the time.  (Although I have to admit, they are a great snack, so I don't have them hand as much as I'd like since I'm continually eating them in small bunches!)

I hope you'll give them a try.  Once you do, you'll never want to stop making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment