Sunday, April 17, 2022

Offerings for this weekend and Swedish snacks


It is a cold wet day here in Kansas City.  As I write this in the early afternoon, it's about 37 F and there is a bit sleet falling mixed in with a slow rain.  Perfect for staying indoors and watching a good movie while eating some snacks.

This coming weekend, the menu offering is two different cookies:  one made with almonds and hazelnuts, and the other with lemon.  These are great small cookies, full of flavor, and fun to keep in a bowl on the countertop in the kitchen to dip into every time you pass by.

Next weekend will be hot milk cake with or without apple compote, and savory egg salad.  You can combine them into a single nice meal, perhaps.  

Yesterday I made several foods (cookies, brownies, muffins, ice cream) and today I'm taking the day off from any cooking at all.  I just want to relax and enjoy eating and reading and watching.

Oldest daughter and her beau stopped by today after traveling.  (Does anyone still use the word "beau"?  I guess I just did.)  They are on they way home but stopped in here in Kansas City to drop off some snacks they got in Lindsborg, Kansas.  Lindsborg is a small town in Kansas that is often called Little Sweden.  It has a long and proud Swedish heritage that is kept alive by numerous traditions, celebrations and businesses in the town that draw on Swedish origins.

They were kind of enough to pick up some things I wanted to try from the local stores there.  The picture on this post shows what they dropped off for me to try.

Over the next few blog posts, I will talk about each of the snacks in the photo individually.  But for now, I will spend this quiet cold wet spring day inside sampling them and watching a good movie.

I hope you're having a pleasant Easter Sunday and that you are getting to do something just as enjoyable as I am getting to do.

1 comment:

  1. Eagerly waiting on the snacks reviews!

    ReplyDelete