Sunday, March 27, 2022

Updated menu offerings and groceries


Happy Sunday to all!  

It's a very pleasant early spring day with mild temperatures and good sunshine although there seems to be a bit of a haze over that sunshine today.

This coming weekend I am offering one of my chocolate chip cookie varieties and pudding parfaits.  For next weekend we have speculoos and a savory pie that is very satisfying.  So get your orders in when you have chance to check out the menu.

Yesterday I had groceries delivered.  I love grocery day.  Sometimes I like to go and browse the aisles and do all the work myself to get it from store to home.  But I'm also happy just selecting what I want and having it all delivered.  When the groceries get here and I spread them out on the countertop in the kitchen, what a fun sight.  I love seeing all the foods there.  I love seeing the colors.  I love imagining diving into them as I think ahead to when I'm going to fix certain meals throughout the week.  I think we are all affected by the site of a lot of different foods waiting to be eaten.  We need a few basic things in life:  water, air, shelter, clothing, and food.  Is food the one that gives us the most pleasure, the most enjoyment?  I think so.  The aromas, the tastes, the textures, all of those things make food not something simply to be consumed but something to be enjoyed, to look forward to, to plan ahead for.  The variety of foods we have in our grocery stores and markets is astounding compared to what was found just a few generations past.  I know it's not like that everywhere in the world, but I'm grateful that it is like that here.  And I hope a time comes when everyone in the world has the same access to wonderful foods that do more than simply sustain us.

So eat with enjoyment.  Eat to sustain.  And take the time to appreciate what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment