Sunday, March 6, 2022

Busy busy weekend


 

Good morning, good morning!  Well, this weekend turned out to be a busy one, but a good one.  I was a small part of a contingent that helped my son and daughter-in-law move into a new apartment.  By the time we finished hauling furniture and boxes, I decided I was going to push off this weekend's food to next weekend.  It was a bit too much to go home afterwards and start making lots of food while tired and a little sore.  So I've made the update on the website and informed all those who had orders.  

So next weekend we will have challah and sloppy joe filling.  The weekend after that there will be no weekly menu offering as I am taking the week off.  But I will be doing lots of cooking of things that I'm hoping to put on the menu soon.  And then the weekend following the break, we will have brownies and cookie dip.

This weekend, today, I will be starting to do close-to-final tweaks and modifications on a new pasta sauce.  This is a recipe my youngest son and I developed a few years ago.  I haven't used it in a while since I've been making other things.  But I'm pulling out the recipe and accompanying notes because I want to put it on the menu by itself and then I want it to be part of my twice-cooked spaghetti that will go on the menu as well.

The week of March 13th will be a week free of almost all other activities besides cooking.  At least that's the plan now.  I will be on break from piano teaching.  I will do a little early spring yardwork.  I will go have a fun pinball day with my sister and brother-in-law.  I will do a little interior painting.  But mostly I'm planning on cooking many things.  

So that's the upcoming schedule.  For now, I'm going to have quiet day resting and relaxing after all the physical exertion yesterday.  I will drink juice smoothies (yes, a couple are coming to the menu soon), eat lemon poppy seed muffins (a post on that later this week probably),  and play chess with people from around the world online.

Enjoy the day.  Spring is almost here.  I will miss having the chances for winter snow, but I love seeing the hummingbirds return, new blossoms and green growth in all the landscaping beds, and hearing gentle spring rains.  

No comments:

Post a Comment