Sunday, February 20, 2022

The next two weekends


A new week is starting.  The last one was pretty nice with a big snowstorm on Thursday that dropped several inches of snow here in Kansas City.  I love snow.  And I love ice cream.

This coming weekend is the big ice cream weekend.  I'm making lots of mint chocolate chip ice cream, French vanilla ice cream, and waffle cone bowls.

For the following weekend, I have just updated the new menu.  It will be lots of challah, and lots of smoky sloppy joe filling which is a new item on the menu.  I'll do a separate blog entry about it later this week, most likely.

But for now, I'm busy planning the kitchen schedule for this week.  I'm putting out more ice cream in a single week than ever done before.  Mix has to be prepared from scratch.  It has to have time to chill.  Then it is has be frozen.  Then the freezing cannisters have to refreeze for the next batch.  So timing is important if I want to have it all ready for people to pick up by Saturday.  It's a logistical puzzle.  And I love puzzles -- not as much as ice cream and snow, but I love them.

Anyway, I hope you get your orders in.  Read my blog post from a couple days ago if you are having problems getting an order to take.  Shopify it still working on a bug that has shown up when orders are entered on the desktop in normal browser mode.  It won't affect you if you are setting up your orders on cellphone or on your desktop in "incognito mode".  

So get your bowls and spoons ready for ice cream.   Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment