Sunday, February 13, 2022

Ice cream week


 

Just a handful of days ago, I wrote a blog post in which I promised to have an ice cream week very soon.  Well, here it comes.  We are having lots of ice cream for the weekend menu of February 25th.  I just posted the new menu, and it includes mint chocolate chip ice cream, French vanilla ice cream, and waffle cone bowls.  I might also add a topping between now and then -- but don't count on it for certain yet.  

With the extra ice cream freezer cannisters that have been added to my kitchen hardware (thanks to Ben!!!), it's going to be very nice to make more ice cream at one time.  So even if you get your orders in late, there should be some ice cream available.  And I'm making lots of waffle cone bowls as well.

I have several different ice cream toppings I like to make.  I haven't put any on the menu yet, but it's about time I take of that omission.  So I will try to make time over the next few days to make a decision on which one(s) to add.  And, of course, I've already posted that I will be adding more new ice cream flavors soon, as well.  However, that won't happen in time for this first ice cream week.  But don't despair.  We'll another ice cream week again.

There's nothing quite as good as ice cream.  

Today, I have finished what I think might be the last tweak on my smoky sloppy joes.  I've eaten two sandwiches already and I'm craving more, and that's really the first and only indicator I use.  If I make it, eat it, and crave more, then it's good enough be labeled one of my favorites.  And as all my readers know, my menu is only of my favorites.  But I also put out a text to see if I can get someone else to come over today, to try it out and tell me what they think.  And they just now responded that they are on the way immediately.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment