Sunday, January 30, 2022

Feb 4th and Feb 11th weekend menu offerings


Good morning, good morning!

It's a quiet peaceful Sunday morning here.  I've been up for a while now and have done many things, including updating the weekly menu.

This week's menu offering is chocolate mousse, mole pork chorizo chili and challah.

Next week's menu offering is peanut butter cookies with chopped peanuts and nutmeg, eggnog and blueberry mini cakes with lemon sugar and vanilla.

When I select items for each weekly menu, sometimes I try to choose items that go well together; for instance, the mousse, chili and challah, which I think work very well together and make a complete meal and dessert.  But then when I group other things such as the peanut butter cookies, eggnog and blueberry cakes, it's obvious that I'm not thinking the same way.  In this case, I decided that I simply felt like making those particular items.   And in that case, I really don't worry about whether they go well together. 

It has been an enjoyable weekend so far.  Yesterday I added another tweak to my smoky sloppy joes and tested them out on a couple people (who have not yet reported back on them).  I'm going to do another tweak or two later this week.  I hope to have them on the menu soon.

And this morning, I'm going to be playing around with blueberry cream and waffle cones, and then I'm going to make the dough for a quiche Lorraine this afternoon which will be finished up tomorrow.  I should have made the dough last night.  It has to chill overnight, and I had hoped to be making the actual quiche this morning.  But it slipped my mind yesterday while I was enjoying the day. 

That's all for now.  It's time for me to turn on some music, probably Debussy and Mahler today, and spend some time in the kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment