Sunday, January 23, 2022

Upcoming weekly menu offerings


Happy Sunday, everyone!  It's a chilly but not-too-cold morning here in Kansas City.  I'm thinking about hot foods as you can see by the photo above of chili in progress.

The menu offerings for this coming weekend includes pulla (a wonderful bread with cardamom), gougères, and butterscotch pecan cookies.

For next weekend, we have chocolate mousse (with dark chocolate), mole pork chorizo chili, and challah.

I have several new things that are on my list to work on for addition to the full menu.  I never seem to have as much time as I want in order to do everything, but it's fun going through the list and checking things off one by one even if it takes a while.  Why does it take so long?  There are just so many great foods that I love to make and eat and that I want to share with everyone.

I've been talking for a while about getting cinnamon rolls on the menu.  I still need to do a single-elimination bake-off using several recipes I have tweaked over the years.  One of those recipes will be on the menu soon -- I promise.  I know, I know -- I keep saying that.  Please be patient.  I promise you it will be worth the wait.

Also in the works to be added to the menu are quiche Lorraine, jalapeño bacon quiche, spaghetti sauce, twice cooked spaghetti, eclairs, smoky sloppy joes, and berry cream cornucopias.  Special projects I'm working on at the request of specific people are macarons and a high protein vegan ice cream.

I love that cooking is never-ending, meaning that there's always something more to cook, a new food to try, a new cuisine to explore.

Of course, it's the "eating" part after all that which is the best.  Time for lunch!

3 comments:

  1. I still need to try pulla. What a vibrant list of projects you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can come up with a vegan version of pulla for you, one that doesn't use eggs or butter.

      Delete
  2. Maybe I can come up with a vegan version of pulla for you.

    ReplyDelete