Thursday, January 27, 2022

Eating until finished



Happy Thursday!  It's the 27th of January which means it's less than 11 months until Christmas.  Yeah, I know, it's ridiculous to be thinking about the next Christmas already.  But it's still fun to be marking each 25th of the month until we get to the next December 25th.

I'm doing some cooking today, and starting to prep for weekend orders.  I get to make gougères for everyone this week, and I love making these.  There's something fun about cooking up the flour with the heated water and milk, adding it to cheese and eggs, and watching them puff and brown in the oven.  Eating them, of course, is the best part.

Eating is fun.  Sure, we need to do it to survive, but that just gives us an excuse to have a lot of fun with it.  I love keeping little bits of things around to snack on, grapes, for instance. I keep grapes around a lot.  And I find it quite satisfying to eat a couple grapes at a time and watch throughout the day as the grapes disappear and empty stems are left.   Somehow when there's nothing left except stems, I feel like I've accomplished something by consuming all those yummy grapes.  Is that odd?  Does anyone else do that?

I take pleasure in making sure that any food is used up and doesn't go to waste.  So when I have leftovers of anything, it's quite satisfying to see them used up.  It's good that I enjoy sharing the food I make with people because otherwise, how could I eat it all?  I could try, but that probably wouldn't be healthy.  It's too much.  But by spreading out my surplus, I can still make as many foods as I want, and develop and practice as many new recipes as I want, sure in the knowledge that someone will eat it up. 

OK, I'm off to the kitchen now.  I have a light teaching day on the piano so that means cooking with movies and TV in the background.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment