Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 1st


Good morning and welcome to 2022.  Today is the first day of the new year.  Today is the first winter storm of the new year as well.  Right now there's only a dusting as I write this post, but we're going to be getting more as the day progresses.  It is bitterly cold with a slight breeze and about 17 F.  When I put bird seed out in the feeders this morning, I was definitely feeling it and was very glad to be back inside afterwards.  The birds don't seem to mind the cold though.  They are chattering back and forth at each other and flying to and from the feeding stations.  I have one station in my front yard and several in my back yard.   


I have been up for a while and since it's going to be so cold all day long -- our temps are going lower for the rest of the day so we have already achieved the high for the day -- I will be inside cooking and playing chess and other similar things.  I have a fireplace video playing on my TV and I can hear the crackling of the flames.  And while my virtual fireplace is up on the screen, I've been shredding cheeses -- cheddar and gruyere.  This will be for gougeres.  I will make the dough and freeze it for baking at a later time.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to be adding gougeres to the menu, but that's a post for another day, maybe my next post in a few days.

For now, I will enjoy the first winter storm of the season.  I will make the gougere dough.  I will make some warm scrambled eggs.  I will drink a fresh batch of hot chocolate -- not hot cocoa -- there is a difference.  

So Happy New Year to everyone!  Stay warm.  Watch a good movie.  Eat some good food.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture of your front yard ��Happy winters

    ReplyDelete