Wednesday, December 1, 2021

New oatmeal cookies


It's finally December and the Christmas season is in full motion.  That means lots of Christmas goodies.  I've been baking many things including a couple new oatmeal cookies which have been placed on the menu.  The ones in the photo above are on the menu as oatmeal chocolate chip homestyle cookies.


And the other, in the second photo, is on the menu as oatmeal spice chocolate chip cookies.  

The homestyle cookies are just what they sound like:  good dense oatmeal cookies with mini chocolate chips that are very traditional in taste and texture.

The oatmeal spice has a much darker flavor since it is heavily spiced.  It might be a bit too dark and heavy for some people, but I love them, and I'm sure at least some other people will love these as well.   

Both are wonderful cookies and as with all oatmeal cookies (in my opinion), they are best served with milk.  

I find oats to be wonderful to eat.  They have that proverbial "stick to your ribs" quality that fills you up in a way that feels satisfying and healthy.  And they are so delicious in cookies and breads, and even by itself as one of my favorite breakfasts:  hot cinnamon spiced oatmeal with milk.  When I want to start the day with a breakfast that makes feel good, that's one of my go-to breakfasts. 

These cookies also make me feel good when I eat them.  They'll be on a weekly menu soon.  Keep an eye open for them.  

Have a wonderful start to the Christmas season!   

No comments:

Post a Comment