Monday, December 20, 2021

Cornucopia


Cornucopia:  an abundant supply of good things.

Today is Monday.  It is the first day of the week in which Christmas arrives this year.  I love the Christmas season.  I love the buildup to it.  I love the rising expectations as it comes closer and closer.  I love the way the world seems to change just a little, even if it's just for a little while, as Christmas arrives.  And I love making good foods for the holiday.

One of the fun things about making as much food as I do, and sending it out to friends and family, is that I get see to my kitchen looking like it does in the picture above.  Seeing a spread of good food is very satisfying.

A cornucopia of good food.

Every time I spend a day making breads and cookies and lasagnas and ice creams and so many other things, I look ahead to when they will be done and ready to go out the door or be consumed here at home.  Sometimes I'm up very early to make food.  Sometimes I'm up very late to make food.  Sometimes I have a short night of sleep because I'm making food.  But in the end, I get to see countertops and trays full of food, yummy delicious amazing food, and it's all worth it. 

Sometimes it's nice to order out and have food delivered, ready to eat, ready to enjoy.  But there's nothing quite like the feeling of making something yourself.  When you pull something out of the oven and see the results of your time, your effort, your creativity, it's very satisfying and very rewarding.

Enjoy this week before Christmas!  And share some good food with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment