Monday, September 27, 2021

Oven heat in winter


Merry Monday, everyone.  We are a week into autumn.  The sun is veering further and further south.  The winds of fall are already blustery at times.  Leaves are turning colors and falling.  Tall grasses are fully seeded and waving in the breezes.

I did a lot of baking this past weekend.  And I'm making ice creams early this week before making the foods on order for this upcoming weekend.  And of course my previously-mentioned cinnamon roll single elimination bake-off is coming up as well.  I have plenty of things on my to-do list to keep myself busy in the kitchen.

Yesterday as I pulled a batch of cookies from the oven, the hot air spilled outward and upward when I opened the oven door, and that made me think ahead to the upcoming winter cold.  One of my favorite things in the winter is to bask in that heat.  I love to feel it rising to my face when I pull anything from the oven.  In the chill of winter, even if the house is warm, there is something nice about that oven heat.

In the summer, it's the complete opposite, of course, but for the winter it's one more appealing aspect of working in the kitchen.

It would be nice to have a wood-burning stove.  Then that radiant heat would be there all the time in the winter.  Since I don't foresee getting one of those in the near future, I'll be very appreciate of that rising heat from the oven every time I open it to pull out a loaf bread or tray of cookies all winter long.



1 comment:

  1. You describe everything so well that u actually let the reader experience the aroma and the heat

    ReplyDelete