Friday, September 17, 2021

Cookie dip


The end of summer is almost officially here.  In just a few more days, autumn will begin.  The leaves are already falling from some of the trees.  The evening breezes feel different.  The slanting sunlight of the late afternoon looks markedly different than it did just a handful of days ago.  The turn of the season is here.

As the end of the year approaches, I think about comfort foods a lot.  I've just added a new item to the menu, and this one definitely feels like a comfort food to me.

This is a sweet and creamy cookie dip.  I like to dip spiced molasses cookies in it, and chocolate chip cookies, and use it to make sugar cookie sandwiches.  I've even dipped strawberries in it.   I'm sure there are many foods with which this will pair well.

It is mildly sweet with a pleasant flavor that always leaves me smiling.  And it's creamy texture is what I think makes it a comfort food.

It's on the menu for next weekend.  I hope you'll give it a try. 

Have a great weekend everyone.  And be on the lookout for more additions to the menu.

1 comment:

  1. Another dip after cheese spread ��good going

    ReplyDelete