Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Lasagna

 


Good morning, everyone.

Summer is almost over.  I can feel it in the air when I put out birdseed each morning.  Leaves are starting to fall from a few of the trees.  The winds are feeling different.  And even a hot afternoon doesn't feel quite as hot.

As we head into cooler weather soon, it's the perfect time to think about hot foods.   With that in mind, it's a great time to announce another new food added to the menu.

Lasagna is now available.  I love pasta dishes and especially lasagna.  This is made with a combination of ground chuck and mild Italian sausage.  This mix of meats is just wonderful, I think.  I'm making these in individual servings.  They come in disposable baking cups, already cooked and then chilled.  (Although if you want to try to arrange a pickup time that coincides with when I pull them out of the oven, you can do that.)  Once you get them home, just pop them in your fridge until you're ready to eat them.  Then remove the plastic lid, put them on a cookie sheet and heat them in a pre-heated 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.  I also like to lay a loose piece of foil over it to make sure the cheese on top doesn't brown.  I usually put a light coating of oil on the foil or tent it so it doesn't stick to the cheese.  Do not try to heat them in the microwave in the baking cup in which it comes because it's metal.  

The sauce is wonderfully flavored with many herbs and seasonings.  There are three different cheeses.  Oh, I love eating this.  And I love how convenient it is that I can make them ahead in individual serving sizes and then just heat them up.

So order some lasagna and let me know how you like it!  It's on an upcoming weekly menu as I write this.

1 comment: