Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Cheese spread


A new item has appeared on the menu:  cheddar cream cheese spread with horseradish and paprika.

I love dips and spreads.  Anything creamy and flavorful that can be eaten with a cracker or a raw vegetable or a hunk of bread .... these things are good in my opinion.  

I've always loved cheese.  Who hasn't?  I mean, does anyone not like cheese?  If you're out there, please stand up and be recognized.  I suppose those who are lactose intolerant might not like cheese.  However, I think they really do like cheese, but they just can't have it without feeling too icky.

This spread, or dip, depending on how you want to use it, is great with so many things.  When I first began working on this item, I wanted some strong contrasting flavors and textures.  Horseradish ended up in this, and I've never really worked much with horseradish before.  But I like it in this and perhaps I'll find more uses for it in the future.

Paprika is always something I love to use.  After all, deviled eggs just aren't quite the same without a dusting to give them color and flavor.

The sharp cheddar cheese in this is shredded and then mixed into the cream cheese.  This means that the main ingredients by volume give a texture combination that I find very pleasing as the shredded cheese is not pureed or mashed into a paste.  The bits of cheese are abundantly evident in every spoonful.

A few other ingredients are tossed in and they shall remain secret for now.  

I hope you'll give it a try.  It will be appearing on a weekly menu offering very soon.

Have a great late summer day!

1 comment: