Saturday, July 3, 2021

Allspice snack cakes and mini bread loaves

 


This week, there are two new additions to the full menu.

First, I have added allspice snack cakes.  These are 4-inch diameter cakes that are perfect for when you have a craving for something mildly sweet.  Allspice is in the cake as well as in the sweet topping. 

Second, I have also added mini-loaves of the soft white bread that was already on the menu.  Each min-loaf is about 5 inches long.  It's something one person can easily devour in a single sitting.  Well, maybe not everyone would eat that much, but I would, and I did today as a matter of fact.  

It's always fun having small versions of foods available in the kitchen.  That being said, I always opt for large versions of some things, like ice cream sundaes, for example.  And if I have a plate of pasta, it's going to be a large serving on a large plate.  What about large hamburgers?  I have found that I prefer a smaller burger, a single rather than a double.  I find the balance of meat and bun to be much nicer when it's a single.  It took me years to learn that fact, and now I can't believe I ever ate double burgers.

OK, OK, I can ramble on and on about the size of food portions.  All that matters is that whatever the size is, there's enough for seconds if you want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment