Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Boules added to the menu


Well, what a hot summer day we are having in Kansas City.  And if the forecasters are correct, the next two days will be even hotter.  After that, however, we are due for a cool-down.  All in all, we can't be too unhappy with the relatively mild summer we've had so far.

Hot or not, it's always a great time to eat bread.  My last post was about making boules.  Well, as of today, there are now two boules on the menu.  Both are the same kind, so it's really only one boule.  But one is large, about 9 inches, and the other is small, about 6 inches.

I love eating these.  They are soft on the outside and the inside is moist with a little chew and an herbal fragrance that is absolutely wonderful.  

I love the days on which I get to add new items to the menu.  I'm working on adjusting loaf sizes for a honey oatmeal bread right now.  And I'm doing final tweaks for an almond snack cake which I think I will pair with a blueberry sweet cream.  And I'm also doing final tweaks on waffle cones and waffle bowls for ice cream.  These will all be added to the menu very soon.

However, my favorite that will make it's first appearance on the menu soon is chocolate mousse.  It's easy to eat lots and lots of this smooth creamy chocolate concoction.  In order to choose one for the menu, I've been doing single-elimination cook-offs with several chocolate mousse varieties that I love to make.  The only problem is that when I make them, my fridge is filled with lots and lots of mousse.  After doing three rounds several days ago, I decided to push off the next rounds in order to take a break and hopefully withstand the temptation to eat all the chocolate mousse I was making.  I think I will start the final rounds next week.  And I think that as soon it's on the menu, I will add to a weekly food menu immediately so that everyone can give it a try.

Oh, I have so many more things I want to add.  All in time, I suppose.  In any event, keep watching the menu to see what new things show up.

Have a great week and enjoy our midsummer days.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate mousse is my all time favourite

    ReplyDelete