Sunday, March 24, 2024

National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day


Well, here we are on a chilly and slightly rainy Sunday morning in Kansas City.  While my irises are not yet blooming as in the picture above (which was from last year), I am looking forward to them blooming now that spring has begun.

Today is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day.  Hmmmm ....

I love chocolate candies and chocolate covered nuts and chocolate covered shortbread, etc., but I've never been able to convince myself that chocolate covered fruits are something tasty.  Chocolate covered strawberries are loved by everyone, it seems, yet I don't seem to enjoy them much.  Chocolate covered bananas?  Nope.  And so it goes with fruit.

As for chocolate covered raisins, specifically, well, all I can say is what I always say about raisins:  Why would anyone do that to a grape?!?

Grapes are amazing, but to dry them out, shrivel them up and leave them with an odd chewy texture and an even odder taste ....    What can I say?  It's who I am.

But give me a chocolate covered pretzel, and I'm very happy.

I definitely feel like melting and tempering chocolate.  I have a quantity of mixed nuts here, so perhaps today I'll make some nut clusters.  Now that's a great chocolate covered snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment