Sunday, March 3, 2024

Mushrooms



I love mushrooms.  I guess most people either love them a lot or hate them a lot.  As for me, I will put them in almost anything.  I have a favorite mushroom soup I love to make.  I put them in omelets, over chicken, in gravy (mushroom gravy and biscuits are great), and in so many other things.  But many people don't think to have mushroom by themselves, as a main dish.

I remember when I was young and I read The Lord of the Rings for the first time, I found a chapter in the first book where it talks about hobbits' love of mushrooms, steaming baskets of them, lots and lots of them.  At the time I really didn't get it because I had never really had mushrooms before.  But over time, I got it.  And now I love them.

Take a pound of mushrooms of various kinds, clean them, chop them into smaller pieces if you wish, pour a tablespoon of olive oil over them, dust them with a some seasonings including salt, pepper, garlic cloves, and add a tablespoon of butter.  Wrap this all up in a piece of foil, sealing the edges so that none of the steam escapes.  Then bake at 400 F for 45 minutes on a baking sheet.  Serve it hot with a little parsley sprinkled over the top.



And here's what it looks like when it's all done, sans parsley.

Give it a try.  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment