Sunday, January 14, 2024

National Pizza Week


The second Sunday in January is always the beginning of National Pizza Week!

I love making pizzas.  At some point I will add them to the menu.  In the meantime, I make them for home.  I have a special nonstick pizza pan (see photo above) which can take super hot temperatures.  And that's an important thing because most nonstick pans cannot take high heat.  And I have pizza stones on which I place that pan.  These stones absorb the heat from a superhot oven and help to bake the pizza more efficiently and quickly.  

But I don't have a true pizza oven, a stone or brick oven, or a supremely high temperature oven such as you would find in a commercial pizza restaurant.

I'd like to build one sometime, in the backyard.  And then get it going really hot.  That's one of the secrets to a really good pizza.  Very high heat. 

Tonight, my wife and I have already planned to have a delicious frozen pizza.  It's not the same as something from a pizzeria, but it will still be good to have on a cold frigid arctic day as today the high temperature will be lucky to hit 0 F.  

Perhaps I'll even brave the cold and go out for the cheese and other ingredients and decide to make one myself.  Probably not!  It's too darn cold today!

I will settle for the frozen pizza and a movie indoors with my wife.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment