Monday, January 29, 2024

Moods and foods

 


Good morning.  January is almost at an end.  And for a little while, at least, we have some warmer temperatures after a brutal time of very cold weather for the last few weeks.  However, it's still winter, and that means it's good weather to enjoy warm scones, blueberry pancakes, biscuits and gravy.....

Hmmm, those foods all work well no matter the season, but right now a cool morning and a pleasant afternoon make those foods sound especially pleasing to me.

Did you know that yesterday, January 28, was National Blueberry Pancake day?  Just reading that made me feel like making anything with blueberries, not just pancakes.  

It's amazing how the change of weather, or a simple mention of a specific food, or especially our moods all can change what we are craving.

During the brutal cold of our recent sub-zero weather, I was craving hot spicy foods.  On this mild afternoon, I'm craving scones with raspberry jam.  And I feel like making blueberry pancakes or cinnamon blueberry spice cake just because I read about yesterday's national food day.

When I feel happy, I want to drink milk.  When I feel sad, I want to drink chocolate milk.

Everything, it seems, affects our cravings.  

Except for ice cream.  I crave it all the time.

Have a great Monday, everyone, and I'll be back with a more substantial post in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment