Tuesday, July 5, 2022

New items added



Good morning, everyone.  Well, maybe it's evening as you read this, or afternoon, but for me it's morning.  

Yesterday the two new items I have been working on were officially added to the full menu of Bruce Bakery and Bistro.


Peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and peanut butter candies.  And yellow snack cake which is offered plain, or with raspberry cream, or with blueberries and whipped cream.

Last night I was hard at work on the next couple items which I hope to add and which I also posted about earlier this week:  macarons, and a sandwich which I intend to offer with a choice of three different spreads.

These first days of July have been filled with a lot of kitchen work.  Trays of cookies and cakes have been lying everywhere.  And in between all that I've been eating lots of really good salads because I've been craving all the different things that can be put in a salad, and they are perfect for the hot weather, and because they are easy to fix and eat while I'm doing all this other stuff in the kitchen.

Trays of food everywhere -- that's one of my favorite sites in the kitchen.  I love seeing the results of all the kitchen work.  Who couldn't love seeing a cornucopia of delicious food?  This world moves very quickly almost every single day.  Holidays slow it down it a little once in a while.  And snowstorms in the winter do the same.  But for the most part, we all tend to move so rapidly all the time, trying to maximize our productivity, trying to multitask every hour of every day.  Cities never sleep.  News is always coming.  And deadlines are everywhere.

But when we sit down to a meal and just enjoy the simple pleasure, the visceral pleasure, of eating a good piece of fruit, a delicious dessert, an amazing pasta, etc., well, those moments are moments to be savored.  And when I see loads of food everywhere in the kitchen and think about the work and thought and care that went into it all, it's a great feeling.  And I just want to sit and take my time eating all that deliciousness.  Sometimes I eat too quickly, I admit.  People who know me will confirm that.  But I definitely enjoy it.

Food is one of the great pleasures of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment