Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Lots of cooking


Good morning, everyone.

This month-long July break from teaching has been great so far.  Soon I'll be back to teaching (August 1st), and I won't have quite as much time every day to devote to things like cooking.  But for now, my days are composed of cooking and movies and online chess and whatever else pops into my head to do.

This week has been filled with  a lot of cooking already, and it's only Wednesday.  Macarons, sandwich spreads, salads, ciabatta, brownies ...... I've been busy making so many things.  And I've had so much fun.  

My day starts on the evening before when I take a look at my cooking "to do" list and decide what I'm going to work on in the morning.  I check to ensure that I have all the ingredients, and if I don't I either move that particular recipe to later in the week or plan on going out to the grocery store first thing in the morning.  Then in the morning, I take care of any necessary household or yard chores right away.  And when that's all done, the rest of my day can be devoted to whatever I wish.  And right now that means a lot of cooking because I still have many foods I want to give time to before my new teaching session starts.

Today, I'm working on vanilla macaron filling, a new ciabatta roll, a chocolate macaron, and maybe brioche buns as well.   I have a huge grocery delivery order coming in this morning with buttermilk and almond paste and many other ingredients that I only have on hand when I'm making certain foods.  I've ordered everything that I need for the rest of the week (I hope!) for things I plan to devote time to in the kitchen.

I hope everyone is having a great week despite the heat.  My advice to beat heat?  Keep lots of ice cream around.  Of course, I'd say that in the winter cold as well.  Everyone knows how much I love ice cream.

That's all for today.  Now it's time to start my kitchen activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment