Sunday, July 10, 2022

100

 


Happy Sunday, everyone!

First off, quickly, here are the menu offerings for the next two weekends.  First up is savory egg salad and spritz cookies.  Then the following weekend we have eggnog and vanilla poppy seed muffins with lemon streusel.  Yes, the last two items sound familiar.  They were scheduled for yesterday and today.  Unfortunately, they had to be rescheduled two weeks out as my presence was required at an important event for friends.  

Yesterday I added "burger and sandwich buns" to the full menu.  This item is a milestone.  It is the 100th item added to the menu.  Each of the items on my menu has been carefully chosen as a favorite of mine, meticulously tweaked until I am very happy with it, and is part of an aggregate of many different types of foods and drinks that are available at Bruce Bakery and Bistro.

I never put an item on the menu unless I really like it.  Someone else might not like something, maybe it's too crispy or too soft, too intensely flavored or not enough, etc.  But that's OK.  Taste is not disputable.  (My students know that this is my favorite phrase to quote.)  I don't expect everyone to like everything on the menu because everyone's tastes and expectations are so different.  But I hope that most of you enjoy most of what is on the menu.

I have just finished a dark chocolate pudding and it will be added to the menu sometime this week.  I have also just finished focaccia sandwich buns and they also will be added to the menu later this week.  

The buns added yesterday as well as the ones to be added later in the week are part of a special sandwich request.  Next up is to work on a trio of sauces or spreads for the sandwiches, and the insides will be constructed after that, although the insides are already formulated in my mind.

Today I have continued work on macarons.  I hope to be able to add those soon as well.  

As you can see, July has been busy so far.  And it has been a lot of fun.  There are still 3 weeks left in the month, and I hope to continue to make progress on many items during that time.

So stay tuned to see what comes next.  Have a great week!

1 comment: