Sunday, May 22, 2022

Here are the next menu offerings

 


I have just posted the updated menus for the next two weekends.

First up for the last weekend of May, we have triple chocolate sablés and Swedish visiting cakes.  For the first weekend in June, I am pairing up honey oatmeal bread and slow-roasted tomatoes.  

I got groceries yesterday.  It was one of those days where I just bought the things I really needed ... except at the very last minute, I decided I really wanted some crackers and cheese.  I was suddenly craving them.  And as I looked at the list of groceries I had put together, I figured it was so completely healthy in its entirety, with virtually nothing that could be labeled junk food ... well, I thought, "Why not?"

But I have to admit that even though I love cheeses, I was not really in the mood for cheese per se.  Actually I wanted a can of cheese spread.  I know, I know .... I know what you must be thinking.  But once in a while I'm in the mood for something from my childhood.  And I remember chicken-flavored crackers and spray cheese from my early years, and sometimes I like to indulge that memory.

So there I was at the end of a day sitting in a chair in front of a good episode of a fun TV show, and groceries had been put away, and I had a box of crackers sitting next to me and a can of spray cheese in one hand and a mug of milk close by as well.  I was quite happy as I sprayed that first bit of cheese on that first cracker from the box.  It tasted fun.  It tasted yummy.  It wasn't gourmet.  It probably wasn't even cheese.  But it hit the spot at that moment in time.

I ate quite a few of those crackers and quite a lot of that spray cheese.  And then I ate some fresh fruit to give my body something a little healthier to work on.  But I don't regret the crackers and spray cheese one bit.   

Food is good for us, but I like to have fun with it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment