Thursday, January 2, 2020

Another new year


Well, it is now 2020.  As I wrote recently, I love the mental reset that comes with the end of the year.  It's always nice to think of what will be coming in the new year.

I spent a lot of time cooking and baking over the last few weeks, and now I'm getting ready to start up a new session of piano lessons for my students in just a few days.  Over the holidays I watched a lot of Christmas movies and then started watching all the MCU movies in the proper chronological-event order (not release date order).  As of today, I am on Ant-Man and the Wasp, and have only Avengers: Endgame and then Spider-Man: Far From Home to watch to complete the run.  I love epic stories and the worlds which are created in them, whether books or movies: The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the Mission Impossible movies, the MCU movies, the Matrix movies, etc.  One of the things I like about making food is that in a sense I feel I am creating a world, a world that has all my favorite things in it.

I've been thinking a lot about some of my favorites, new items that will go out on the full menu for Bruce Bakery and Bistro this coming year as well.  Here are some things you can expect to see soon:

lavash crackers
French vanilla ice cream
crab and chive tarts
palet d'or (a wonderful chocolate cream cake dessert)
blueberry mascarpone roulade
multiple banana breads
multiple brownies
lemon tarts
brioche
vegetable pot-au-feu
apple slab pie
lasagna
mole chili
key lime tarts
multiple cinnamon rolls
and more.

I have a lot of fun prepping new foods for offering to my friends and family.  I get excited to introduce others to these great foods.  I never expect everyone to like every item; after all, individual tastes are not to be argued or persuaded.  But it is fun nevertheless to send these things out into the world.

Have a great start to the new year everyone!~

No comments:

Post a Comment