Monday, December 30, 2019

Follow-up to my previous post

pain au lait

A few days ago, I posted about my recent efforts at tweaking some recipes, especially for pain au lait, or milk bread.  Well, happy day is today.  Actually yesterday, but confirmed today.  Yesterday I did a couple final tweaks, and I was ecstatic with the results.  I did another batch today just to make sure that the entire protocol for this recipe works on repeat, from the ingredient measurements to the cooking time to the size and shape to the amount of rise time, even to the types of pans to use for these mini-loaves.  Perhaps one should call these rolls, but I think of them more as single-portion mini-loaves.  My own conceit allows me to call them whatever I want, some might say.

Today's batch is so wonderful to eat.  I loved making these before I started playing with some changes.  Now I'm going to want to make them every day, every single day.  Of course, that's undoubtedly not practical.  But if I were serving people every day, these would be the first thing brought to the table no matter what else they were having.  

It is quite gratifying to have several days of effort rewarded.  And my specific reward today is to eat a few of these throughout the afternoon whenever I feel like taking a quick snacking break.

No comments:

Post a Comment