Sunday, December 15, 2019

Snow



Well, today is Sunday, a beautiful snowy Sunday.  I had planned on doing a bit of kitchen work today.  I went out early when I saw on the weather radar that snow was not far away.  And I saw that our winter weather advisory that was posted yesterday had been upgraded to a winter storm warning.


So I headed out early to get butter, and doughnuts, and a few other things.  It was flurrying by the time I arrived back home.  And for the past few hours it has come down fairly steadily.


I have already swept the front walkway a couple times.  I've cleared the snow from the solar-charged walkway and stair lights in the front.  And I've spent considerable time just going to the front storm door and gazing out at the falling white.



That means I haven't yet done anything in the kitchen that I planned to do except to cook a few oatmeal pecan rounds that were prepped last night, and make myself a sandwich and a glass of milk.  But that's OK.  The rest of the day is still wide open and eventually I will get around to turning on the oven, setting up my ingredients, and poring over a few recipes while Christmas movies play on the TV in the background.

It's a wonderful day.  I hope everyone is able to stay in and enjoy the snow as I am.  Gosh, I love the snow!







No comments:

Post a Comment